Monday, September 25, 2006

Belly dancing: Class v. DVD

Well, I decided to try another DVD instead of attending a class last week. Here is how it went.

I bought Jillina's Instructional Bellydance Volume 1. I was surprised when I put it into my DVD player that I was going to be given an actual breakdown of the various body parts and how to move them. I found this to be very helpful. The first section of the DVD was Stretching. This was a basic stretch that was fairly easy. The next part was broken down into Technique. Here the sub categories were head and neck, shoulders, chest, hips, and arms and hands were the last.

The DVD also allowed you to pick a choreographed full length routine at the end to practice. The DVD was great, because you could watch whatever parts you were having difficulty with more than once and it was nice to feel like you practiced something enough to feel comfortable before moving on.

I liked this DVD more than the previous one I had purchased for these reasons, but not more than attending a real class. I look forward to going back to class and learning new things!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home